The Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) is an employment pass meant for high-earning Employment Pass holders. A distinct difference from the Employment Pass (EP) is that the Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) is not attached to any employer.
PEP is granted by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) based on the applicant’s personal merits. A key purpose of the PEP is to galvanise global talents to work in Singapore.
PEP Eligibility Criteria
- An employment pass holder earning a fixed monthly salary of at least $12,000, or
- An overseas foreign professional earning a fixed monthly salary of at least $18,000. The last drawn salary must be within 6 months in order to apply.
Requirements of the PEP
Another unique feature of the Personalised Employment Pass is that the candidate may remain in Singapore for up to six months in between jobs to scout for new employment opportunities without having to re-apply for a new pass. However, if the candidate remains unemployed after six months, the PEP will be cancelled. The minimum annual fixed salary of a PEP holder as a criterion for this application is S$144,000.
It is essential to keep the MOM posted on the candidate’s employment status. In addition, the candidate has to notify MOM of the following:
- When the candidate starts or leaves a job
- Whenever the candidate changes his or her contact details
- The annual salary of his job, which has to be declared on the 31st of January of every year
Benefits of the PEP
The Personalised Employment Pass offers candidates more flexibility as compared to other passes. For instance, the PEP allows the candidate to hold any job in any sector, as long as it is a professional job. And as mentioned earlier, the candidate can stay in Singapore continuously for 6 months while being unemployed to search for a job. If you wish to bring in your family members, however, you need them to either apply for a Dependant’s Pass or a Long Term Visit Pass.
For more information, visit http://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permits/personalised-employment-pass.