Looking to apply for Employment Pass as the director of the company?
Employment Pass in Singapore
Employment Pass (EP) is a type of work pass issued to foreign directors, professional employees, managers, and of Singapore companies.
An Employment Pass Singapore holder does not have any levy or CPF, however, it is only issued for one to two years at a time and has to be renewed. An Employment Pass Singapore enables the holder to work, stay in Singapore & travel in and out of Singapore freely without applying for VISAs to enter Singapore.
Please note that you may choose to apply for Entrepreneur Pass Singapore before you setup your company in Singapore.
However, it is more difficult to renew the entrepreneur pass Singapore subsequently.
Check out the renewal criteria of the Entrepreneur Pass: Stringent Entrepreneur Pass Renewal
Fees Schedule For Application of Employment Pass
Initial Processing Fees: $950 (Non-Refundable Processing Fees)
Additional Approval Fees: S$1900 (Approval Fees upon approval of Employment Pass Singapore, receipt of IPA of Employment Pass Singapore) excludes MOM card issuance fees and medical checkup fees.
MOM License: 06C3628
Singapore Employment Pass Criteria
With effect of 1 July 2011, Employment Pass Singapore Applicants will need to withdraw a fixed salary of over S$3,300 a month, a Bachelor’s degree and above from a reputable university and have relevant professional experience.
With effect of 1 July 2011, the salary threshold for the following employment passes is as follows:
- P1 Pass: for applicants with a base salary of above S$8,000 per month.
- P2 Pass: for applicants with a base salary between S$4,000 and S$8,000 per month.
- Q1 Pass: for applicants with a base salary between S$2,800 and S$4,000 per month.
Passes for Family Members
Employment Pass applicants may apply for the Dependant’s Pass (DP) and/ or Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP) for their family members. Application for the DP / LTVP and supporting documents may be handed in together with the Employment Pass application or separately.
Both Q1 and P Pass holders can apply for Dependant Pass for:
- Their Spouse
- Their unmarried or legally adopted children under 21 years of age
Long Term Visit Pass
P Pass holders can also apply for a Long Term Visit Pass for their:
- Common-law Spouse
- Unmarried daughters above 21 years old
- Handicapped children above 21 years old
- Step-children under 21 years old
- Parents & parents-in-law
Documents Required for Employment Pass
The following documents are required for submission of Employment Pass visa application in Singapore:
- Resume that contains the applicant’s education details, with period of education stated clearly (E.g. From DD/MM/YYYY to DD/MM/YYYY format), work experience with period of work & salary stated clearly (E.g. From DD/MM/YYYY to DD/MM/YYYY format).
- For married applicant, Passport copy of spouse & Marriage Certifcate is required (to be translated to English if certificates is not in English).
- Resume that contains the applicant’s spouse education details, with period of education stated clearly (E.g. From DD/MM/YYYY to DD/MM/YYYY format), work experience with period of work & salary stated clearly (E.g. From DD/MM/YYYY to DD/MM/YYYY format).
- Copies of educational certificates and transcripts (to be translated to English if certificates is not in English).
- Previous employment testimonials (to be translated to English if certificates is not in English)
- Passport-size photograph taken within the past three months.
- Copy of personal particulars page of the applicant’s passport, pages with VISAs from any country endorsed.
- Business profile of the Singapore company (Recommended Paid-up Capital of S$20,000, Furnish Bank Proof of S$20,000).
- Detailed description of the duties to be performed by the applicant.
- Salary to be drawn by the applicant.
Approval of Employment Pass Singapore
Please be noted that MOM and SPRING Singapore takes into consideration the applicant’s qualifications, work/business experience when reviewing Entrepreneur Pass Applications. Hence not all applications would be approved.
If the Employment Pass application is rejected, a free 1 time Employment Pass Singapore appeal would be filed and the processing of an appeal application can take another 2-3 weeks.
Read more about: Entrepreneur Pass Singapore